Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Technological Memoirs

I can honestly say that I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Yes, technology does have its many advantages, however, my experiences with it has lead me to believe otherwise!? I can not say that I have spent quality time with this "thing" that is suppose to be my friend because I do not always view my computer as a docile and trustworthy creature--there have been one too many times when it has let me down. I think I must have missed the class where they taught computer literacy. I am not saying, that if given a computer, my first reaction would most likely be to just burn holes in it with my eyes, but my skills are definitely lacking?! I can truthfully admit that when I was a younger, technology wasn't really something I was exposed to, unless you want to count an overhead; and even when it was, it was as if we were just fed to the dogs and left to fend for our own. I have yet to come upon a teacher who will inspire me to make good use of technology, though I do have high hopes that this course will effortlessly reverse my current feelings towards anything technological.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have yet to come upon a teacher who will inspire me to make good use of technology, though I do have high hopes that this course will effortlessly reverse my current feelings towards anything technological.

I accept the challenge.

Smile.. it will get easier and you will come to love it for the children's sake.

Moturoa said...

You may like to have a look at our class blog. Through it and podcasting we have met new friends around the globe. It started out as a diary to record what we did each week but now we are more at home with the technology we are using it to communicate with people outside the classroom- parents, other teachers, other kids in other schools.

It has given the children in my class and audience. How cool is that when you are eight years old!

Our class blog

Allanah K

A primary school teacher in NZ